Heritage Valley Signature BusinessCare can assist companies, in conjunction with insurance carriers, in developing a medical panel that will address the needs of employees in the event that medical services are required.
This service incorporates physician, medical and rehabilitation services that are consistent with specific objectives of the program, including effective communication, quality care, and prompt assessment.
A review of the employer requirements for developing a list of HealthCare providers are as follows:
- There must be at least 6 health care providers on the list, but there may be more than 6 listed.
At least 3 of the health care providers on the list must be physicians.
- No more than 4 of the health care providers on the list may be coordinated care organizations (CCOs).
- The names, addresses, phone numbers and areas of medical specialties of all health care providers must be included on the list.
- The health care providers on the list must be geographically accessible and must have specialties that are appropriate based on the anticipated work-related medical problems of the employees.
- The employer must specify on the list if any of the health care providers on the list are employed, owned or controlled by your employer or its workers' compensation insurance company.
For more information, you may contact:
BUREAU OF WORKERS' COMPENSATION
HELPLINE INFORMATION CENTER
1-800-482-2383 (long distance calls inside PA)
(717) 772-4447 (local and calls outside PA)