To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have completed, in an accredited college or university in the United States, undergraduate premedical education of the quality acceptable for matriculation in an accredited United States medical school;
- Have studied at a medical school outside the United States and Canada but listed in the World Health Organization Directory of Medical Schools;
- Have completed all of the formal requirements of the foreign medical school except internship and/or social service;
- Have attained a score satisfactory to the sponsoring medical school on a screening examination;
- Have passed either the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination in the Medical Sciences, Parts I & II of the examination of the National Board of Medical Examiners, or Steps 1 and 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE);
- Be a United States citizen; possess a permanent visa or a renewable work authorization (We do not sponsor H or J visas); and
- Speak fluent English.
For current matches, we are only accepting applications through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). No paper applications are accepted, except after match.
All applicants must complete and submit via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) the following:
- An application with photograph and personal statement
- A letter from the dean of their medical school
- Three letters of professional recommendation
- Transcript of grades
- Copies of Step I and Step II USMLE Scores
Our ERAS match number is 2044120C0. We are listed as Heritage Valley Beaver - PA Family Practice Residency
Confirmation of all of the above documents is conducted through the applicant’s ERAS account. It is the applicant’s responsibility to monitor the submission of all necessary documentation. We realize that travel is expensive and time consuming; therefore, all applicants are prescreened before extending an invitation to interview.
All applicants must be eligible for application for a Pennsylvania temporary license.
All applications must be received by December 31 in order to complete the interviewing process by January 31. However, applicants are urged to submit their applications by November 15 to ensure it receives the careful consideration it deserves. Candidates selected to interview will be notified in writing. Complimentary hotel lodging and meals are provided. Significant others are welcome.
The following criteria of the State Board of Medicine, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, must be met prior to entering a residency program in Pennsylvania in order to obtain a training license:
- Four academic years totaling at least 32 months and 4,000 hours of instruction in medical curriculum must be received during medical school. Regular attendance shall be verified. No credit will be given towards this requirement for instruction which was obtained in other than an accredited or unaccredited medical college, except for clinical rotations assigned under the auspices of the medical college in which the applicant was enrolled while he/she participated in the clinical rotations.
- Seventy-two (72) weeks of clinical rotations during your medical school training in an institution which has a graduate medical training program in the clinical area for which credit is sought, or, if the institution is not within the United States, is either a formal part of a medical college or has a formal affiliation with a medical college.