Contact: Daniel Murphy
Release: March 2009
(Sewickley, PA, March 19, 2009)
– Heritage Valley Health System recently announced that it will consolidate its Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation program to one location, which will be inside their Signature Rehab site in the Hopewell Industrial Park, 5000 Industrial Boulevard, Aliquippa, PA 15001.
Beginning April 1, 2009, Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation services, which were previously also offered at the Health System’s two hospitals – Heritage Valley Beaver and Heritage Valley Sewickley, will now be exclusively offered at the Hopewell site. The program will continue to be coordinated by Mark Pazzanita, with medical direction provided by Robert S. Nitzberg, MD.
The program helps patients regain optimal functional capacity following an acute cardiac event through a six to twelve week format of monitored exercise, individual instruction, and personal counseling. Phase 1 Cardiac Rehabilitation (inpatient) will continue to be provided at Heritage Valley Beaver utilizing the nursing staff and in-patient rehabilitation service.
The consolidation of the Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation program at the Hopewell Industrial Park site will further enhance the comprehensive suite of ambulatory services offered at this location. These services include:
- Signature Rehabilitation – physical therapy, occupational therapy, outpatient cardiac rehabilitation and gym/wellness
- Healthways “Silver Sneakers” Fitness Program
- BusinessCare - occupational medicine
- Hopewell Diagnostic Center – diagnostic imaging, laboratory, and electrocardiogram services.
For questions regarding the Hopewell site, or the scope of services offered, please contact Mark Pazzanita at (724) 773-6412 or email@example.com. Appointments for cardiac rehabilitation can be made by contacting Signature Rehabilitation – Hopewell at (724) 857-4000.