Moon Township, PA, (May 3, 2012)
Twenty-six (26) Heritage Valley Health System physicians, representing a variety of disciplines and geographic areas, are recognized in the 2012 Best Doctors edition of Pittsburgh Magazine.
The Best Doctors list is excerpted from The Best Doctors in America® 2011-2012 database, which includes over 45,000 doctors in more than 40 medical specialties. Best Doctors, Inc., a 23-year-old company founded by doctors affiliated with Harvard Medical School, contacts physicians in the Pittsburgh region who have been included on a previous Best Doctors list and asks them, “If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty, to whom would you refer them?”
Of the 26 physicians, three (3) physicians from Heritage Valley Medical Group and three (3) from Heritage Valley/Tri-State Pediatric Associates were named in Pittsburgh Magazine’s annual Best Doctors 2012 May edition:
- John Cinicola, M.D., Heritage Valley Medical Group, caring for families at the Heritage Valley Primary Care – Cranberry, Stone Quarry Crossing location; Dr. Cinicola is also the Chief Medical Officer at Heritage Valley Health System;
- Alejandro Gonzalez, M.D., Heritage Valley Medical Group, providing endocrinology, metabolism and nephrology care from his office location in Beaver at Heritage Valley Endocrinology;
- Mark Provenzano, M.D., Heritage Valley Medical Group, providing pulmonary and critical care medicine at his office located in Heritage Valley Sewickley;
- David Cahill, M.D., Heritage Valley/Tri-State Pediatrics Associates, caring for children in Beaver, Chippewa, Hopewell and Sewickley;
- James Scibilia, M.D., Heritage Valley/Tri-State Pediatrics Associates, caring for children in Beaver, Chippewa, Hopewell and Sewickley; Dr. Scibilia is also a member of the Heritage Valley Health System Board of Directors; and
- Andrew Wisler, M.D., Heritage Valley/Tri-State Pediatrics Associates, caring for children in Beaver, Chippewa, Hopewell and Sewickley.
In addition to these six physicians, another 20 physicians on staff with Heritage Valley Health System were listed in the Best Doctors edition. They include: Dr. Parviz Baghai (Neurological Surgery); Dr. Susan Baser (Neurology); Dr. Rozlyn Maria Berty (Nephrology); Dr. Eugene Bonaroti (Neurological Surgery); Dr. Neil Capretto (Psychiatry); Dr. Stephen Conti (Orthopaedic Surgery); Dr. Michael Cratty (Internal Medicine); Dr. Jim D’Antonio, Sr. (Orthopaedic Surgery); Dr. Matt El-Kadi (Neurological Surgery); Dr. William Ferri (Medical Oncology and Hematology); Dr. Stephen Froman (Otolaryngology); Dr. Russel Fuhrer (Radiation Oncology); Dr. Stephen Michael Karlovits (Radiation Oncology); Dr. David Lasorda (Cardiovascular Disease); Dr. Joseph Maroon (Neurological Surgery); Dr. David Parda (Radiation Oncology); Dr. Ronald Lee Thomas (OB/GYN); Dr. Suzanne Vogel-Scibilia (Psychiatry); Dr. Lawrence Wechsler (Neurology); Dr. David Lee Weinbaum (Infectious Disease); and Dr. Jack Wilberger (Neurological Surgery).
“We congratulate our physicians who were named ‘Best Doctors’ and recognize their delivery of quality health care each and every day,” said Norm Mitry, President and CEO of Heritage Valley Health System. “The practice disciplines and geographic areas of service of these physicians exemplify the range and depth of the medical staff and healthcare services available at Heritage Valley.”