Moon Township, PA, (April 26, 2013)
- Thirty (30) Heritage Valley Health System physicians, representing a variety of disciplines and geographic areas, are recognized in the 2013 Best Doctors®
edition of Pittsburgh Magazine.
For more than 20 years, Best Doctors® has conducted an extensive physician survey to identify the doctors that other doctors trust most. It is the largest ongoing, peer-reviewed survey in the medical industry. The Best Doctors® listed in Pittsburgh Magazine are excerpted from The Best Doctors in America® 2013 database, which includes more than 45,000 U.S. doctors in more than 40 medical specialties and 400 subspecialties.
Of the 30 physicians, two (2) physicians from Heritage Valley Pediatrics and four (4) from Heritage Valley Medical Group were named in Pittsburgh Magazine’s annual Best Doctors® 2013 May edition:
- David Cahill, M.D., Heritage Valley Pediatrics, caring for children in Beaver, Chippewa, Hopewell, Sewickley, and Calcutta, OH;
- James Scibilia, M.D., >Heritage Valley Pediatrics, caring for children in Beaver, Chippewa, Hopewell, Sewickley, and Calcutta, OH;; Dr. Scibilia is also a member of the Heritage Valley Health System Board of Directors;
- John Cinicola, M.D., Heritage Valley Medical Group, caring for families at the Heritage Valley Primary Care – Stone Quarry Crossing location; Dr. Cinicola is also the Chief Medical Officer at Heritage Valley Health System;
- Alejandro Gonzalez, M.D., Heritage Valley Medical Group, providing endocrinology, metabolism and nephrology care from his office location in Beaver at Heritage Valley Endocrinology;
- Kim Pierce, M.D., Heritage Valley Medical Group, caring for families at Sewickley Primary Care; and,
- Mark Provenzano, M.D., Heritage Valley Medical Group, providing pulmonary and critical care medicine at his office located in Heritage Valley Sewickley
In addition to these six physicians, another 24 physicians on staff with Heritage Valley Health System were listed in the Best Doctors® edition. They include: Dr. Adnan Abla (Neurological Surgery); Dr. Robert C. Arffa (Ophthalmology); Dr. Susan Baser (Neurology); Dr. Rozlyn Maria Berty (Nephrology); Dr. Eugene Bonaroti (Neurological Surgery); Dr. Neil Capretto (Psychiatry); Dr. Stephen Conti (Orthopaedic Surgery); Dr. Michael Cratty (Internal Medicine); Dr. Jim D’Antonio, Sr. (Orthopaedic Surgery); Dr. Matt El-Kadi (Neurological Surgery); Dr. William Ferri (Medical Oncology and Hematology); Dr. Stephen Froman (Otolaryngology); Dr. Russel Fuhrer (Radiation Oncology); Dr. Venus Hadeed (Medical Oncology/Hematology); Dr. Tudor Jovin (Neurology); Dr. Stephen Michael Karlovits (Radiation Oncology); Dr. Thomas Krivak (Obstetrics, Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology); Dr. David Lasorda (Cardiovascular Disease); Dr. Joseph Maroon (Neurological Surgery); Dr. Robert Stiegel (Dermatology); Dr. Ronald Lee Thomas (Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology); Dr. Robert Volosky (Infectious Disease); Dr. Lawrence Wechsler (Neurology); and Dr. David Lee Weinbaum (Infectious Disease).
“We congratulate our physicians who were named ‘Best Doctors’ and recognize their delivery of quality health care each and every day,” said Norm Mitry, President and CEO of Heritage Valley Health System. “The practice disciplines and geographic areas of service of these physicians exemplify the range and depth of the medical staff and health care services available at Heritage Valley.”