We welcome visitors to our hospital. To protect patients’ health and privacy, we ask that you follow these rules:
- Only two visitors at a time.
- Children under 12 may visit with special permission from the nursing staff. Please limit these visits to 10 minutes.
- We ask that visitors leave the room while staff are caring for patients.
- Those under 14 who want to visit a patient in critical care must have special permission from the patient's nurse.
- Anyone with a cold, sore throat or other illness should not visit.
- Please designate one member of your family to stay in touch with the nurses regarding your condition. That person can then update the rest of the family.
Noon – 8:30 p.m.
Fathers: 24 hours (no sleeping accommodations are available)
Grandparents and siblings: noon – 8:30 p.m.
Others: 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Noon – 2 p.m.; 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. and 8 – 8:30 p.m.
Limit of two visitors at a time.
Children under 14 must have special permission from the patient's nurse.
One family member should be designated to call Critical Care for updates about the patient.
Behavioral Health Unit
Monday - Saturday: 6 – 7 p.m.
Sundays & holidays: 1 – 4 p.m.
Children under 12 are not permitted on the unit without special permission and a doctor’s order.
The social worker/case manager assigned to each patient is available to speak with family members – in person or by calling 412.749.7142 Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
All items brought in for patients must be checked at the nurses’ station. For safety reasons, dangerous items (such as lighters, matches, etc.) are never permitted on the unit.
You may call your loved one on the pay phone at 412.741.9821 between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. daily during non-scheduled group and activity times. Calls are limited to 10 minutes.