The Podiatric Residency Program of Heritage Valley Beaver was established to provide a quality podiatric education in accordance with the standards of the Council of Podiatric Medicine Education. Patient services are provided with an emphasis on education, preventive measures, early detection, prompt treatment, appropriate referral, and continuity. Process improvement is used to enhance the quality of both resident education and patient care.
- To operate the Podiatric Residency Program as a department of the hospital under the supervision and direction of the Podiatric Residency Program Director.
- To seek faculty physicians that meets the same requirements and qualifications, which apply to the attending medical staff of the hospital; to consider special demands of the residency program.
- To make available clinical laboratory, x-ray, and other diagnostic and therapeutic service to facilitate the provision of care.
- To utilize the total quality Plan at Heritage Valley Health Systems to monitor service for process improvement.
- To keep accurate and complete medical records on all patients including social and scientific data, which are filed and cross-indexed in such a manner as to be readily available, yet preserve confidentiality.
- To provide clinical training for all residents in outside clinics and offices.
- Provide an environment for education in medicine and surgery.
- To promote an active program of health education for patients and for the community with respect to both health maintenance and appropriate use of health services.