At Heritage Valley Health System, we offer care to people with breathing problems caused by injury or disease.
For most people, breathing is second nature. But for those that suffer from any form of breathing problems caused by illnesses such as asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, or fibrosis, breathing can be a major accomplishment.
Heritage Valley offers inpatient and outpatient services to diagnose the treatment of breathing disorders. The department is staffed with state licensed registered and certified therapists that provide a range of services, including:
- Oxygen Therapy
- Aerosol Therapy, to deliver medication to the lungs through a fine mist
- Inhalers, which deliver a pre-measured dose of medication into your lungs
- Positive Expiratory Pressure (PEP) Therapy and Chest Vest Therapy, to assist with mobilization of mucous out of the lungs and prevent lung problems after surgery
- Chest Physiotherapy, to loosen mucous in your lungs and allow you to cough productively
- Incentive Spirometry Therapy, deep breathing exercise to prevent lung problems after surgery
- Bipap and Cpap therapy to assist patients with Respiratory Failure, Congestive Heart Failure and Sleep Apnea
- Ventilators, to assist and support the basic function of the lungs and are used to temporarily assist a patient who is having trouble breathing.
The pulmonary lab is located on the first floor in Special Services at Heritage Valley Beaver. The Pulmonary Lab at Sewickley is located on the sixth floor.
To schedule an appointment call: 1.866.901.4624.
Heritage Valley Beaver
1000 Dutch Ridge Road
Beaver, PA 15009
Phone (for questions only): 724-773-1998
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Heritage Valley Sewickley
720 Blackburn Road
Sewickley, PA 15143
Phone (for questions only):412.749.7973
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.