- Bachelor of Arts from Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire where he studied Biophysical Chemistry, receiving the Elenore & Dmitry Shiraeff Scholarship
- Doctorate of Medicine from New York Medical College (NYMC). Honored with the NYMC Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Annual Achievement Award
- Orthopaedic surgery residency training at Boston University Medical Center, Chief Resident
- Fellowship training in Sports Medicine Surgery at the Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. Worked with team physicians for the Philadelphia Eagles, Flyers, 76ers, 2008 World Series Champion Phillies, and St. Joseph's University
- Expertise is in the diagnosis and treatment of injuries to the shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle sustained by athletes and non-athletes alike
- Serves as the Medical Director of Orthopaedics and Rehab Services, Department of Surgery Chairman, and the Division of Surgery Chairman Heritage Valley Kennedy Hospital.
Dr. Emond is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Emond also has advanced Subspecialty Board Certification in Sports Medicine from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.