- Bachelor’s degree from Wittenberg University of Ohio, graduated magna cum laude
- Doctorate of Medicine from the University of Pittsburgh
- Orthopaedic residency completed at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Spine fellowship at St. Luke's Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio
- General orthopaedics, joint replacement surgery and arthroscopic surgery, as well as the treatment and sports-related injuries
Dr. Liefeld is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.