- Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience, summa cum laude at the University of Pittsburgh
- Doctorate of Medicine from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine "Excellence in Collaborative Learning" at the University of Pittsburgh
- Orthopaedic residency at Akron General Medical Center
- Advanced fellowship training in spine surgery at Harvard Medical System, Departments of Neurosurgery and Orthopaedics. Clinical Instructor in Orthopaedics at Harvard Medical School
- General orthopaedics and specializes in the evaluation and treatment of back and neck injuries and performs various minimally invasive procedures as well as complex spinal surgeries using advanced state-of-the-art equipment and techniques.
Dr. Werries is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a member of both the American Medical Society and the North American Spine Society.