Due to changing aviation regulations, Heritage Valley Health System is required to make significant modifications to the existing helicopter landing pad at the Heritage Valley Beaver hospital. The Health System will be constructing a temporary landing pad in the current Emergency Department Parking Lot. This will ensure that air transport can continue if necessary for patient care.
Effective, Monday, August 29, 2016, the Emergency Department Parking Lot will be closed for construction. The community should be aware of the following:
- The Emergency Department Main Entrance will remain open during construction.
- The Emergency Department Parking Lot will be utilized for patient drop-off and handicap parking only.
- Temporary Patient Parking for the Emergency Department and Cancer Treatment Services will be designated adjacent to the Emergency Department Entrance.
- Security personnel will be available to assist with safe entrance and exit to the facility.
- The estimated timeframe of the project is 10 – 12 weeks.
Directional signage will be posted throughout campus regarding these changes. Please also adhere to the posted 15 mph speed limit on campus to ensure the safety of patients, visitors and staff.
Heritage Valley Health System appreciates your patience and understanding as we improve our facilities in order to provide you with the highest quality health care.