Admissions Checklist and Guidelines
The Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Radiography (HVKSOR) program is extremely competitive; only 9 students are accepted to our program each year. Students who are accepted into our program experience smaller classrooms; one-on-one interaction with our instructors, and hands-on training in our Radiology and Imaging Services department.
The rigorous nature of the HVKSOR program is rewarding for anyone who is looking for a challenging career in Radiologic Technology. Interviews begin in September for the upcoming year and continue until all nine positions are filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Remember, prior to completing this checklist, there are several Admitting Criteria you must meet. Visit:
Admissions Checklist and Guidelines for Prospective Students
You must complete this checklist in order to be considered a candidate for the Ohio Valley Hospital School of Radiography class. We are now accepting applications for the 2022 cohort. You may print off the PDF form of this checklist below.
STEP ONE: INITIAL CONTACT AND CAREER SHADOWING
Please contact Melissa Russell, M.S., R.T.(R), an Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Radiography Clinical Instructor, to schedule your Career Shadow opportunity.
- This is required for admission to our program.
Career Shadowing appointments are conducted at Heritage Valley Kennedy Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until approximately 12:00 p.m.
To schedule your Career Shadow appointment, please call 412-777-6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must fill out the Shadow Request Confidentiality Pledge below prior to your Career Shadowing appointment.
STEP TWO: APPLY TO LA ROCHE UNIVERSITY
Interested candidates must first apply to the radiography program by completing a La Roche University admission form or by completing the online application at www.laroche.edu. Indicate Radiologic Technology as your major.
- You must be accepted to La Roche University prior to applying to Heritage Valley Kennedy.
- Acceptance to La Roche University does not guarantee acceptance to the Hospital.
You will receive a letter officially admitting you to La Roche University.
STEP THREE: APPLY TO HERITAGE VALLEY KENNEDY SCHOOL OF RADIOGRAPHY
Complete an application.
- If your application is incomplete, no action will be taken until it is complete. Visit:
Please fill it out and mail it to:
Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Radiography
C/O Lori Fazio, M.S., R.T. (R)
W. Laird Davis Center for Learning
25 Heckel Road
Kennedy Township/McKees Rocks, PA 15136
You will be contacted by Lori Fazio, School of Radiography Director, for a personal interview.
Personal interviews will be granted to students:
- Who have a provisional acceptance from La Roche University
- Who have completed the 4-hour Career Shadowing opportunity and filled out the proper documentation
- Who have completed an HVK application and submitted payment of the application fee
- If you are accepted, you will receive an official letter of acceptance from the Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Radiography.
- If you are not accepted, please contact your La Roche University counselor to discuss your options. You may want to switch majors and pursue a different career path.
STEP FOUR: Acceptance Fee and Deposit
- Send an acceptance fee to Heritage Valley Kennedy Hospital for $100.00 to hold your student spot for Heritage Valley Kennedy, School of Radiography.
- Also, send a deposit to La Roche University to confirm acceptance to the University: Housing Resident Student- Deposit of $125.00- Twenty-five dollars, will be put toward your academic La Roche University bill and one-hundred dollars, will be put toward your La Roche University housing bill.
Commuter Student- Deposit of $75.00- Seventy-five dollars, will be put toward your La Roche University academic bill.
Check your acceptance letter for the specific amount and due date.
The costs listed, may be subject to change.