HVMG Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
- 1000 Dutch Ridge Road, Heritage Valley BeaverBeaver, PA 15009724-773-8289
- Adult Congenital Surgery
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Arrhythmia Surgery
- Arrhythmia Surgery - Minimally Invasive
- Cardiovascular Support in Conjunction with Neurosurgery, Urological Surgery and Head and Neck Surgery
- Chest Wall Resection and Construction
- Coronary Artery Bypass (CABG)
- Coronary Bypass - Minimally Invasive
- Esophgeal Resection and Reconstruction
- Lung Resection for Cancer - Minimally Invasive
- Mitral Valve Surgery
- Pacemaker Insertion
- Thoracic Aneurysm Repair and Surgery of the Great Vessels
- Thoracoscopy and Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair (Open)
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair (Endovascular)
- CarotidEndarterectomy (Participant in National Institutes of Health CREST Study)
- Lower Extremity Arterial Reconstruction
- Subclavian Artery Transposition/ByPass
- Surgery for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Upper Extremity Arterial Reconstruction
HVMG Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery724-773-8289
Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Heritage Valley Health System's Cardiovascular Surgery program is one of the most comprehensive heart health programs in the region. First opened in 1994, our skilled surgeons have performed more than 5,000 open heart procedures. The Vascular / Endovascular Surgery program similarly provides comprehensive vascular care incorporating non-invasive therapy, “cutting edge” minimally invasive procedures, as well as extensive open surgical revascularization. These programs are a valuable asset to area residents who would otherwise have to travel to Pittsburgh for this type of quality care.
Dinesh Bhaskaran, MD – Specializing in Heart and Lung Surgery
Fred (Jamie) Holland, II, MD – Specializing in Heart and Lung Surgery
Edward Villella ll, MD – Specializing in Endovascular & Vascular Surgery
Richard Redlinger, MD -- Specializing in Vascular Surgery
Heritage Valley's Open Heart Surgery program offers patients a wide variety of services such as coronary bypass grafting, adult congenital surgery, minimally invasive techniques, and much more. Our open heart surgery team, consisting of a primary cardiothoracic surgeon, another physician, a scrub nurse, a circulating nurse, a perfusionist, an anesthesiologist, a certified registered nurse anesthetist, and a physician's assistant. Our highly-educated, skilled cardiovascular surgeons - Dinesh Bhaskaran, MD and Fred (Jamie) Holland, II, MD are certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery.
Similarly, the Vascular / Endovascular Surgery program offers a broad range of services including the management of peripheral arterial disease, extracranial cerebrovascular disease, aneurysmal disease, vascular access, venous and lymphatic pathology. Procedures are performed in both the Catheterization Laboratory as well as the Surgical Operating Suite. Endovascular technology has revolutionized vascular treatment paradigms and often patients can be treated for extensive pathologies with minimally invasive techniques such as stents, stent-grafts, angioplasty, atherectomy, etc, and leave the hospital within 24 hours.
Edward Villella, MD, F.A.C.S. is board-certified in General Surgery by the American College of Surgeons and recently completed a Vascular Surgery Fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center. Additionally, Dr. Villella is a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI).
Richard Redlinger, Jr., MD, RPVI, FSVS is board-certified in general and vascular surgery. He has authored numerous peer-reviewed publications in vascular and endovascular surgery. His clinical practice includes open surgical and endovascular (minimally invasive) treatment of aneurysms, carotid disease, peripheral vascular disease, and dialysis access.
The dedication of our team, state-of-the-art facilities, and surgical equipment enable us to provide patients with the most current procedures and the highest level of care possible.
- To avoid any unnecessary expenses to the patient, please verify with your insurance company that your services are covered.
- A “no-show” fee may be charged.