Financial Aid and Payment Options
There are several options you may utilize when paying your Ohio Valley Hospital School of Nursing tuition.
OVH Full Tuition Scholarships
The OVH School of Nursing offers this institutional scholarship in addition to federal and state programs. Scholarships will be granted to a limited number of eligible applicants that meet the following conditions.
The applicant must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Achieve a passing Adjusted Individual Score on the ATI TEAS exam which meets or exceeds the present admission criteria. (Other criteria will be taken into consideration for those close to meeting criteria.)
- Complete 50 volunteer hours while in the program
- Commit to working at Ohio Valley Hospital as an RN on a nursing unit for a minimum of 3 years after graduation.
Full tuition scholarships are awarded on a per-term basis/per academic year. Students with a desire to attend Ohio Valley Hospital School of Nursing under this scholarship program should inform the school immediately.
Scholarships are awarded on a first come/ first served basis.
Applicants that are not interested in scholarship/ or may not meet scholarship criteria may also be accepted. Eligibility for these criteria as follows.
The applicant must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Achieve an Adjusted Individual Score of 68% or higher on the ATI TEAS exam to be considered.
- Complete 10 volunteer hours while enrolled in the program.
Self-paying students have no work commitment to Ohio Valley Hospital.
Financial aid administrators are available to discuss all types of available aid to build a financial package that best suits our students’ financial needs. The purpose of our financial aid program is to provide students with guidance in determining the type of financial assistance that is available to them.
Ohio Valley Hospital School of Nursing strongly recommends that all students apply for financial aid. Eligibility for grants (state and federal) is determined on financial need as well as other factors.
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
Students who wish to apply for financial aid including grants and loans must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The FAFSA form is available online at www.FAFSA.ed.gov or through our Financial Aid Office.
Please be sure to add our school code: 0065600.
The results of having filed this application will be sued as a basis for establishing financial need. Factors such as income, assets, liabilities, family size, and number of family members in college are components that will be considered in determining a student’s need by the Department of Education.
Aid Accepted by the School of Nursing
Several sources of financial aid are available to students enrolled at the School of Nursing:
- Federal Stafford Loans
- Federal Pell Grant
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) Grant
- Veteran’s Administration Benefits
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance
- Private Grants, Scholarships and Loans