If you are a high school student who is interested in volunteering and are between the ages of 15 and 17, you may be eligible to participate in our Junior Volunteer Services Program. Students may volunteer year-round or during the summer months. We offer flexible shifts to fit your needs.
Ohio Valley Hospital offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities for students, giving them the ability to discover more about a potential career path in health care or at a non-profit organization.
If you are interested in finding out more about what particular roles we offer for Junior Volunteers, please visit our Volunteers section.
Volunteering at OVH
To be a Volunteer at Ohio Valley Hospital, you are required to:
- Fill out an application by visiting our online Volunteer Application section
- Have a one-on-one interview with the Coordinator of Community Services
Once you are accepted into the program, you must:
- Attend a safety training course
- Attend a customer service training course, if applicable
- Receive a TB (Tuberculosis) Skin Test provided by OVH
Location and Contact Us
We are located on the 1st floor of the Main Hospital. Our Volunteer Services office is run by our Community Services Department, and is located directly across from the Cashier’s Office.
If you would like more information about OVH’s Volunteer Services Program, please contact us at 412-777-6359.