Mission Vision Values - Imperatives
To improve the health and well-being of all people in the communities we serve.
Heritage Valley Health System will be a leader among community health systems nationally. We will provide exceptional health services across a seamless delivery system, built upon collaborative relationships connecting physicians, employees and the community. We will address both prevention and treatment of disease throughout the continuum of life.
- Ethical behavior
- Service Excellence
Develop and implement quality strategies to meet or exceed expectations of healthcare institutions with a focus on clinical quality, safety (patient & employee) and customer service excellence and satisfaction.
- Patient & Employee safety
- Customer satisfaction
- Clinical quality
Be the healthcare "employer of choice" for our region by having a "high performing, flexible, unified and dedicated workforce."
- Employee morale and organizational culture (Employee Opinion Survey)
- Recruitment and Retention
- Positive Relationship development
- Management skills training for employees (Heritage Way MBA)
- Physician development (Medical Staff Opinion Survey)
Develop and implement an "all inclusive information strategy" in order to be the "enabler" of the organization and to continue to evolve toward the virtual patient record.
- Clinical systems (Clinical Access Portal)
- Information infrastructure (Wireless Technology)
- Customer access and quality (Community Portal & Care Card)
Increase the awareness of, preference for and use of the system by area health consumers, especially those located in adjacent growth markets.
- Branding and System awareness
- Network sizing and selected market expansion
- Actions to monitor & influence key healthcare business environment areas
- Engage consumers and the community in health promotion and health improvement activities
Demonstrate sound financial performance by generating specified operating margins (of a minimum of 1% to 2% in each fiscal year) and total margins (of a minimum of 4% in each fiscal year) to maintain or improve the current financial position.
- Service line/departmental financial profitability review
- Specific cost savings initiatives and revenue enhancement opportunities
- The continuation and enhancement of “Charity Care” if necessary
The strategic imperatives are the drivers of the organization performance plan. While each imperative has a defined set of organizational goals and objectives, we have chosen to delineate below the five strategic imperatives for this strategic plan that will drive the organization. Each strategic imperative has a plan including specific goals and objectives for the organization’s operating plan.
- Quality, Safety and Customer Experience
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Market Expansion and Community Health
- Fiscal Responsibility