Physical therapists evaluate, treat and educate patients to help prevent or alleviate pain and dysfunction. Physical therapists employ a variety of treatment techniques to increase motion, increase strength, and improve balance and decrease pain. The physical therapists at Heritage Valley Health System work in conjunction with your physician to ensure that your treatment plan is individualized to meet your specific needs, taking into consideration all of your other medical needs. We respect the relationship you develop with your therapist and try to set up your appointments with the same therapist to maintain continuity of care. Another role of the physical therapist is to ensure that your expectations for recovery are considered when establishing your treatment plan. The therapists at Heritage Valley Health System, on your first visit, will listen to your individual needs and help you set realistic targets for recovery and work closely with you to meet those goals.
Our occupational therapists provide services to people of all ages who because of illness, injury, or developmental or psychological impairment, need specialized assistance in learning skills to enable them to lead independent, productive and satisfying lives. The therapists work in a variety of settings to meet the needs of the clients we serve in the appropriate environment. Through assessment, evaluations, and treatment, occupational therapy practitioners help people in the following ways:
- Learning personal care, such as bathing, dressing, cooking or self-feeding
- Re-educating stroke patients to compensate for losses
- Strengthening upper extremities (shoulders, elbows, wrists, and hands) to maintain independence
- Splinting and addressing adaptive equipment needs and wheelchair prescription and positioning problems
- Improving function through cognitive/perceptual activity
- Performing pre-driving safety assessments
- Assessing safety and environment needs in the home
- Conducting on-site job assessments to help injured workers return to work and prevent work-related conditions
- Mastering skills that are needed to meet children's educational challenges in the school or clinical setting
Heritage Valley’s Speech Therapy Department offers a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and therapeutic services. We offer Speech Therapy services in our Inpatient Unit, Acute Rehabilitation Unit, and Outpatient Therapy services. Areas of focus include swallowing disorders, language and speech therapy, cognitive rehabilitation, and voice therapy. Our Speech Pathologists are accredited by the American Speech-Language Association (ASHA), licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of State Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs and participate in annual continuing education programs in order to ensure state of the art knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Heritage Valley Rehab - Beaver
- Beaver Medical Commons, 1030 Beaner Hollow RoadBeaver, PA 15009724-770-0172
7 am to 7 pm, Monday / Wednesday / Thursday
8 am to 4:30 pm, Tuesday
8 am to 1 pm, Friday
Heritage Valley Rehab - Center Township
Monday & Wednesday, 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday & Thursday, 8 am - 6:30 pm
Friday, 8 am - 12 pm
Tuesday & Thursday, 8 am - 4:30 pm
Heritage Valley Rehab - Chippewa
Services: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy
Located in the Heritage Valley Chippewa Medical Neighborhood!
Heritage Valley Rehab - Edgeworth
Services: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Hand Therapy
Heritage Valley Rehab - Kennedy Township
Services include: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and EMG/NCV Testing.
Located inside Heritage Valley Kennedy!
We offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and EMG/NCV testing.
- Physical Therapy: Full range of services including Ortho, Neuro, Balance and Vestibular.
- Occupational Therapy: Occupational Therapy, Certified Hand Therapist, Lymphedema
- Speech Therapy: Full Range of services.
- EMG/NCV testing
Physical Therapy: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (last appointment 5:40 pm)
Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and EMG by appointment
Heritage Valley Rehab - West Allegheny
Services: Physical Therapy