School of Nursing Application for Admission
The Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing requires you to complete an Application for Admission form to our program via the attached PDF. There is other paperwork required for your Application for Admission that you may print and mail in or else print, fill out, and upload along with your online application submission.
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2021!
Please read this page very carefully prior to applying. We also provide you with a copy of the instructions in case you want to print them out. The following forms are attached and must be read and/or filled out:
- Application Instructions
- Application for Admission
- Statistical Disclosure Form
- High School Transcript Request Form
Process for the Application for Admission
A copy of the application instructions is available as a PDF.
A. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM VIA PDF
1. Complete the Application for Admission form. Pay attention to what forms you must attach before submitting the application. You must also provide a copy of your license or school identification, as stated on the application.
2. Enclose the $50 non-refundable application processing fee, with a check and/or money order payable to: Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing.
3. Read, sign and return the enclosed Disclosure form, which lists Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing’s statistical data on retention and NCLEX pass rates from previous years.
The Disclosure form can be found within the Application form or it can be printed off from this section.
B. REQUEST OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
1. The applicant is required to request official academic transcripts from high school, ALL colleges and/or secondary programs attended to be forwarded to the Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing. Only official transcripts will be accepted by Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing. They must come directly from your previous institution. They may not be opened by anyone other than our Admissions department. If you have any questions, please call the Admissions office at 412-777-6204.
2. If you obtained a GED, please request high school transcripts up to the point of withdrawal AND an official copy of GED test results to be forwarded to the Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing.
Please Note: An application will not be considered for admission until ALL prerequisite classes (Algebra, Chemistry w/ Lab and Biology w/ Lab) are satisfied either by completion of a solid “C” or better through high school, a NURSING ABC internet course, or your local community college.
C. PROCEDURE FOR THE ATI PRE-ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
1. The applicant interested in attending the Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing must register and take the ATI pre-entrance exam.
2. Once you submit your application, we can schedule you to take the pre-entrance exam. Please visit our website for the upcoming testing dates. The TEAS study manual is written specifically to address the needs of students preparing for the exam. ATI offers the TEAS Study Guide for purchase here: https://www.atitesting.com/teas/study-manual
3. The applicant will pay on the day of the examination directly to ATI. ATI will only accept credit or debit card payments which will be made online prior to starting the exam. The cost of the exam is $65.00 plus tax.
4. Test results will be provided directly following completion of the exam.
D. PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION
As soon as we receive your completed applicant material, with ALL supporting documentation and results from your ATI Pre-Entrance exam, your file will go to the next step in the process.
The Admissions Committee will review your academic records and vote on your acceptance. Official notification will be mailed advising you of the decision.
Please send your application, fee and signed Heritage Valley Kennedy disclosure letter to:
The Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing
25 Heckel Road
W. Laird Davis Center of Learning
Kennedy Township, PA 15136
If you have additional questions, please call 412-777-6204.