A. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM VIA PDF
- Complete the Application for Admission form. Pay attention to what forms you must attach before submitting the application. You must also provide a copy of your license or school identification, as stated on the application.
SCHOOL OF NURSING APPLICATION
- Enclose the $50 non-refundable application processing fee, with a check and/or money order payable to: Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing. You may also pay online by using a credit card.
- Read, sign and return the enclosed Disclosure form, which lists Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing’s statistical data on retention and NCLEX pass rates from previous years.
The Disclosure form can be found within the Application form or it can be printed off from this section.
B. REQUEST OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
- The applicant is required to request official academic transcripts from high school, ALL colleges and/or secondary programs attended to be forwarded to the Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing. Only official transcripts will be accepted by Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing. They must come directly from your previous institution. They may not be opened by anyone other than our Admissions department. If you have any questions, please call the Admissions office at 412-777-6204.
- If you obtained a GED, please request high school transcripts up to the point of withdrawal AND an official copy of GED test results to be forwarded to the Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing.
Please Note: An application will not be considered for admission until ALL prerequisite classes (Algebra, Chemistry w/ Lab and Biology w/ Lab) are satisfied either by completion of a solid “C” or better through high school, a NURSING ABC internet course, or your local community college.
HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT RELEASE FORM
C. PROCEDURE FOR THE ATI PRE-ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
- The applicant interested in attending the Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing must register and take the ATI pre-entrance exam.
- Please visit https://www.heritagevalley.org/admission-qualifications-requirements/ for upcoming testing dates.
- The examinations begin at 9 a.m. and last approximately 3 hours. The applicant will pay on the day of the examination directly to ATI. ATI will only accept credit or debit card payments which will be made online prior to starting the exam. The cost of the exam is $65.00 plus tax.
- Test results will be provided directly following the exam.
D. PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION
As soon as we receive your completed applicant material, with ALL supporting documentation and results from your ATI Pre-Entrance exam, your file will go to the next step in the process.
The Admissions Committee will review your academic records and vote on your acceptance. Official notification will be mailed advising you of the decision.
Please send your application, fee and signed Heritage Valley Kennedy disclosure letter to:
The Heritage Valley Kennedy School of Nursing
25 Heckel Road
W. Laird Davis Center of Learning
Kennedy Township, PA 15136
If you have additional questions, please call 412-777-6204.