- Baccalaureate degree in pharmacy at Ohio Northern University
- Doctorate of Medicine from the Medical College of Ohio
- Orthopaedic Residency at Detroit Medical Center, including the Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, Chief Resident
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery Fellowship at Rush
- Specializes in surgery of the knee and shoulder, including shoulder and knee replacement. Has performed thousands of surgeries for Pittsburgh's professional, collegiate and high school athletes in almost every sport and athletic program. Past Orthopaedic Consultant for the Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team for more than 9 years
Dr. Jewell is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and a member of the Association of Professional Team Physicians.