- Bachelor of Science degree in molecular biology from Vanderbilt University
- Doctorate of Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Completed orthopaedic residency at Rush Presbyterian, Chief Orthopaedic Resident at Rush and Shriners Children’s Hospital
- Foot and Ankle fellowship training at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore
- Specializes in foot and ankle injuries and provides general orthopaedic care including total knee joint replacement surgery and treats various work-related injuries as well. Serves as the Medical Director for the workers' compensation program at Tri-State Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
Dr. J. Kann is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and an active member of the American Foot and Ankle Society.