How the scam works:
- Unsolicited e-mail communications were sent where the individuals claim to be a Heritage Valley employee with an attempt to solicit personal and/or financial information.
- They are using RingCentral to conduct text interviews, Heritage Valley Health System does not conduct emails via text messaging
- Scammers used a fake email addresses in the format “firstname.lastname@example.org”
What to do if you have received such inquiries:
- If you have received unsolicited e-mail communication from someone claiming to be Heritage Valley Human Resources:
- take screenshots, and
- report it by e-mailing Federal Bureau of Investigation, Internet Crime Complaint Center at ic3.gov
- delete the messages
- If the email communication comes from any other extension than @hvhs.org then it is not a legitimate email from Heritage Valley Health System. To verify the authenticity of a job offer or validity of a Heritage Valley email communication e-mail email@example.com
- File a complaint with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Internet Crime Complaint Center at ic3.gov and/or to the Federal Trade Commission at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/.
Please know Heritage Valley Health System is working diligently with both state and federal legal authorities to shut down the fraudulent scheme.