Heritage Valley’s Speech Therapy Department offers a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and therapeutic services. We offer Speech Therapy services in our Inpatient Unit, Acute Rehabilitation Unit, and Outpatient Therapy services. Areas of focus include swallowing disorders, language and speech therapy, cognitive rehabilitation, and voice therapy. Our Speech Pathologists are accredited by the American Speech-Language Association (ASHA), licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of State Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs and participate in annual continuing education programs in order to ensure state of the art knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Speech Conditions We Treat
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Neuromuscular speech disorders resulting from Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Chorea, or ALS, as well as other conditions. At Heritage Valley Kennedy the LOUD program is utilized for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Geriatric communication and swallowing issues related to disorders such as Dementia or Primary Progressive Aphasia (typically caused by damage to parts of the brain that contain language)
- Other speech/language and swallowing conditions due to varied diseases or conditions
- We provide evaluation and treatment for adults in areas of speech/language, voice disorders, stuttering, cognitive-communication disorders and Dysphagia
We accept most forms of insurance.
- Evaluation and therapy for speech/language disorder
- Voice disorders
- Articulation disorders
- Stuttering/fluency disorders
- Dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing due to disease/condition) evaluation and therapy
- Modified Barium Swallow Study (when ordered by Physician)
- Vital Stim Therapy (when appropriate and indicated at Heritage Valley Kennedy)
- Cognitive/Linguistic disorders (memory, attention, executive function)
- Evaluation and therapy for Alternative and Augmentative Communication
- Patient and family education